HERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU NEED IT.
GCET is Pleased to Participate in the
Federal FCC Affordable Connectivity Program
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program
Two-Steps to Enroll
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact GCET at 413-775-6400 to select a service plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact GCET to select a service plan.
There are two different ways to prove your child is approved.
- If your child attends a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), school, when applying online select “Free and Reduced Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program” on the “Confirm You Qualify” page. You can then indicate that your child is enrolled at a CEP school by entering the name of the school and uploading documentation that demonstrates that your child is enrolled at that school.The documentation must include:
- The student’s (benefit qualifying person's) name
- Name of the school or of the school district
- A date that coincides with the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year
Examples of acceptable documentation include a child’s report card or a letter from the school or school district indicating the child’s enrollment. Generic school notices that do not include the benefit qualifying person’s name would not be sufficient to enroll in the program based on the CEP.
- Households that have separately applied for and been approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or school breakfast program can also apply online by selecting “Free and Reduced Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program” on the “Confirm You Qualify” page. You will also be required to submit documentation, such as a letter from a school or school district confirming that the household’s child or dependent is approved to receive free and reduced-price school lunch or school breakfast.
You can learn more about the documentation you may need to provide and how to submit it by visiting: ACPBenefit.org/how-to-apply/show-you-qualify.
After receiving an eligibility determination from the government, please contact us at 413-775-6400, option 2. We will then verify your eligibility and enroll you in GCET’s ACP Program.
Yes. Households who qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program can use their benefit on any Internet or bundled Internet and Streaming TV service offered by GCET. The discount will be applied to the Internet portion of any bundled service.
- Yes, the benefit is available to eligible new, prior and existing customers of participating providers.
No, you must opt in with your existing provider or you can keep your lifeline benefits with your existing phone service provider and apply the ACP benefit to a GCET eligible service plan.
All GCET Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Customers will be remain covered by the program through February 2022. As of March 1, 2022, you will have an opportunity to enroll in the new Affordable Connectivity Program if you qualify.
Please call us at 413-775-6400.
After receiving an eligibility determination from the government, please contact us at 413-775-6400, option 2. We will then verify your eligibility and enroll you in GCET’s Affordable Connectivity Program.
For qualifying households, the $30 benefit will automatically be applied as a discount on your bill.
You may cancel or transfer your service at any time. However, you will be liable for the entire monthly payment for that service month.